RE: SWRL sameAs/differentFrom inconsistency

From: Mike Dean (mdean@bbn.com)
Date: 11/16/04

    > We should be consistent with what OWL does,
    > and presumably that's exactly two?

    OWL primarily uses the binary predicates owl:sameAs and owl:differentFrom.

    owl:AllDifferent was a late addition that provides a shorthand for
    expressing pairwise owl:differentFrom's among the specified individuals.

    See [1].

    > In the longer term, it might be convenient to permit k-ary sameAs and
    > k-ary differentFrom, how about we add that to the issues list?

    Adding it to the issues list seems fine to me.

    	Mike

    [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-ref/#IndividualIdentity