Re: easy question about Rules proposal

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider (pfps@research.bell-labs.com)
Date: 11/11/03

    From: David Martin <martin@ai.sri.com>
    Subject: easy question about Rules proposal
    Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 23:03:36 -0800

    > Folks (esp. Ian and Peter) -
    >
    > I have a question about the Ian/Peter Rules Language proposal, which is
    > minor but important in the sense that I want to get some examples right
    > in something I'm writing.
    >
    > Why in the following example (and I think all the examples in
    >    http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~horrocks/DAML/Rules/)
    > is "owlx:name" used, both at point of definition and point of reference,
    > instead of using rdf:ID and rdf:resource?

    Because this is not RDF/XML, but is instead an extension of the OWL XML
    presentation syntax (for a pointer see the proposal itself), and conforms
    to that syntax.  I note that the OWL XML presentation syntax uses owlx as a
    namespace reference; there is no commitment (yet) as to whether the OWL
    rules should share namespaces with the OWL XML presentation syntax.

    peter