easy question about Rules proposal

From: David Martin (martin@ai.sri.com)
Date: 11/11/03

    Folks (esp. Ian and Peter) -

    I have a question about the Ian/Peter Rules Language proposal, which is
    minor but important in the sense that I want to get some examples right
    in something I'm writing.

    Why in the following example (and I think all the examples in
       http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~horrocks/DAML/Rules/)
    is "owlx:name" used, both at point of definition and point of reference,
    instead of using rdf:ID and rdf:resource?

    <owlx:Rule>
       <owlx:antecedent>
         <owlx:individualPropertyAtom  owlx:property="hasParent">
           <owlx:Variable owlx:name="x1" />
           <owlx:Variable owlx:name="x2" />
         </owlx:individualPropertyAtom>
         <owlx:individualPropertyAtom  owlx:property="hasBrother">
           <owlx:Variable owlx:name="x2" />
           <owlx:Variable owlx:name="x3" />
         </owlx:individualPropertyAtom>
       </owlx:antecedent>
       <owlx:consequent>
         <owlx:individualPropertyAtom  owlx:property="hasUncle">
           <owlx:Variable owlx:name="x1" />
           <owlx:Variable owlx:name="x3" />
         </owlx:individualPropertyAtom>
       </owlx:consequent>