Re: rules document

From: pat hayes (phayes@ihmc.us)
Date: 11/04/03

    >The documents from Peter are now available at [1], with a
    >link from [2].  Folks with CVS access can now update as
    >necessary (CVS updates will be applied nightly, or can be
    >copied in directly).
    >
    >	Mike
    >
    >[1] http://www.daml.org/rules/proposal/
    >
    >[2] http://www.daml.org/rules/

    Section 6 Mapping to RDF graphs

    change wording:

    "Rules have variables, so treating them as a semantic extension of
    RDF is very difficult. It is, however, still possible to provide an
    RDF syntax for rules---it is just that the semantics of the resultant
    RDF graphs will not be an extension of the RDF Semantics. "
    -->

    " It is straightforward to provide an RDF syntax for rules, but the
    presence of variables in rules goes beyond the RDF semantics. We do
    not yet know if the intended semantics of the resultant RDF graphs is
    an extension of the <link>RDF Semantics </link>"

    Pat

    IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
    40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
    Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
    FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell