technical detail feedback on OWL Rules: truth value for empty consequent

From: Benjamin Grosof (bgrosof@MIT.EDU)
Date: 10/17/03

    Hi folks,
    TimBL pointed out today that if the rule consequent in OWL Rules is a
    conjunction of zero or more class atoms,
    then when empty (i.e., zero case) it should logically be True, not False,
    since an empty conjunction is True.

    I'm not sure what we want to do about this.  The floor is open...
    Benjamin

    Prof. Benjamin Grosof
    Web Technologies for E-Commerce, Business Policies, E-Contracting, Rules,
    XML, Agents, Semantic Web Services
    MIT Sloan School of Management, Information Technology group
    http://ebusiness.mit.edu/bgrosof or http://www.mit.edu/~bgrosof