propose Datalog restriction for Rules Lite

From: Benjamin Grosof (bgrosof@MIT.EDU)
Date: 08/01/03

    Hi folks,

    It seems to me in the interest of keeping things simple for Rules Lite, we
    should start with rules being Datalog (i.e., having no logical functions,
    just individuals).  OWL/DL is Datalog.

    Let's discuss this on the 8/5/03 JC telecon.

    Benjamin

    Prof. Benjamin Grosof
    Web Technologies for E-Commerce, Business Policies, E-Contracting, Rules,
    XML, Agents, Semantic Web Services
    MIT Sloan School of Management, Information Technology group
    http://ebusiness.mit.edu/bgrosof or http://www.mit.edu/~bgrosof