Merged Rules and RuleML Results

From: Harold Boley (boley@informatik.uni-kl.de)
Date: 07/08/03

    Merged Rules and RuleML Results
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Harold Boley & Said Tabet                                       8 July 2003

    This is a summary of our merged Rules and RuleML results with Benjamin, also
    referring to work by Mike, Stefan, Ian, and other JC members. It only mentions
    documents in, or reachable via, the JC archive. This is our input for today's
    rules merging discussion.

    OVERVIEW

    Rules for the Semantic Web are part of the big picture of
    Semantic Web KR: http://www.daml.org/listarchive/joint-committee/1321.html

    Outline of RuleML Working Note Draft:
    http://www.daml.org/listarchive/joint-committee/1287.html

    COMPARISONS

    RuleML Meets RDF:
    http://www.daml.org/listarchive/joint-committee/1230.html

    N3 in Object-Oriented RuleML:
    http://www.daml.org/listarchive/joint-committee/1326.html

    Description Logic and Horn Rules can be semantically integrated as
    Description Logic Programs: http://www.daml.org/listarchive/joint-committee/1248.html

    SYNTAXES

    It is also possible to construct an
    OWL/RDF syntax for RuleML: http://www.daml.org/listarchive/joint-committee/1335.html

    RuleML abstract syntax and DTD documents:
    http://www.daml.org/listarchive/joint-committee/1334.html

    Rules ASCII Syntax: Ordered and Unordered Options:
    http://www.daml.org/listarchive/joint-committee/1361.html

    SEMANTICS

    RuleML's Horn logic program semantics:
    http://www.daml.org/listarchive/joint-committee/1346.html

    axiomatization of explicit equality for LP rules language:
    http://www.daml.org/listarchive/joint-committee/1397.html

    BUILT-INS

    DRAFT: List of Built-ins:
    http://www.daml.org/listarchive/joint-committee/1367.html

    USE CASES

    New Version Use Cases Document:
    http://www.daml.org/listarchive/joint-committee/1323.html

    RuleML Discount use case example for Datalog and Hornlog:
    http://www.daml.org/listarchive/joint-committee/1348.html

    Rule test cases:
    http://www.daml.org/listarchive/joint-committee/1389.html