Description Logic Programs working paper -- new version

From: Benjamin Grosof (bgrosof@mit.edu)
Date: 11/22/02

    Hi folks,
    A new version, much expanded, of the Description Logic Programs working
    paper by myself and Ian Horrocks is now available:
    "Description Logic Programs:  Combining Logic Programs with Description
    Logic", version of Nov. 21, 2002, at [1].
    This is a real paper now in terms of level of detail and motivation.
    Comments are most welcome.
    Note I've cross-posted this to www-rdf-rules and RuleML-steering list.
    Benjamin

    Mini-Abstract:  We show how to interoperate, semantically and inferentially,
    between the leading Semantic Web approaches to rules (RuleML
    Logic Programs) and ontologies (OWL/DAML+OIL Description Logic) via
    analyzing their expressive intersection.

    [1] http://ebusiness.mit.edu/bgrosof/#DLP

    Prof. Benjamin Grosof
    Web Technologies for E-Commerce, Business Policies, E-Contracting, Rules,
    XML, Agents, Semantic Web Services
    MIT Sloan School of Management, Information Technology group
    http://ebusiness.mit.edu/bgrosof or http://www.mit.edu/~bgrosof