Description Logic information (was Re: DAML+OIL Expressivity Question)

From: Deborah McGuinness (dlm@ksl.stanford.edu)
Date: 11/12/01

I have been asked about description logic papers/resources from the rdf logic
mailing list and webont and am thus posting answers to those groups.
This is an answer to the most recent question which commented that a paper[1] I
pointed out, was a useful introduction to readers not familiar with description
logics

Deborah McGuinness

==============
thx for your interest.

the best sources of list of papers on description logics are from the description
logic web site: [2]
and in particular a searchable site
available from  [3 ] http://www.ida.liu.se/labs/iislab/people/patla/DL/index.html
(go to: Reference List which you can search ).  also see [7] below

The best source of online papers about description logics are from the proceedings f
the description logic workshops now held yearly.  Almost all of the proceedings (at
least all of the proceedings for recent years) are online.
go to: [4]  http://dl.kr.org/workshops/index.html    for the listing and pointers to
proceedings.

i can't answer about iccs availability online - i think that is against the contract
with the publisher of ICCS proceedings  but am not the final say on that one.  (the
last iccs conference page is: [5] http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/iccs/ )

on a DL book - one is coming - it is in final stages - [6]
http://www.dis.uniroma1.it/~nardi/dlhb/
will be updated when you can get it - it should be early 2002.

One tangible current result of the book is a very large  bibtex bibliography.
The current one is available at:
[7] http://www.dis.uniroma1.it/~nardi/dlhb/instructions/dl.bib

URLs:

[1]