Re: DAML+OIL Expressivity Question

From: Graham Klyne (GK@ninebynine.org)
Date: 11/12/01

As one who relatively recently became aware of description logics, I found
that a very useful, readable paper.  Thanks for that.  I think it deserves
wider awareness outside this community.

(It has seemed to me that relatively few of the papers that deal with
description logics are available online.  I have been unable to get hold of
some that were suggested to me, such as past ICCS proceedings.  Has anyone
yet written a textbook on description logics?)

#g
--

At 09:08 AM 11/8/01 -0800, Deborah McGuinness wrote:
>That was for a mostly less expressive language than daml+oil (although
>interestingly
>enough would have happily been able to say the thing that jeff wanted to
>say since
>it did have same-as as a constructor).
>
>[1]
>http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/people/dlm/papers/living-with-classic-abstract.html