Re: Qnames in RDF [was Re: datatypes and RDF Schema}

From: Dan Connolly (connolly@w3.org)
Date: 10/04/01

Jeff Heflin wrote:

> Dan Connolly wrote:
>
>>"Peter F. Patel-Schneider" wrote:
>>[...]
>>
>>><rdf:Property rdf:ID="streetAddress">
>>>  <rdfs:range rdf:resource="xsd:string" />
>>>
>>don't forget that rdf:resource takes a full URI,
>>not a qname.
>>

> Dan (and anyone else on the RDF Core WG),
>
> Is there any consideration of adding the ability to use qnames as
> resources in RDF?

Yes...

http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-qnames-as-attrib-values

the sort of suggestion you make below has been kicked around;
you're welcome to send your specific suggestion to www-rdf-comments
and request to be notified if/when there's movement on this issue.

But there's almost no way to read it as a clarification of the RDF 1.0
spec, so the WG would have to be rechartered before it happens.