Qnames in RDF [was Re: datatypes and RDF Schema}

From: Jeff Heflin (heflin@cse.lehigh.edu)
Date: 10/04/01

Dan Connolly wrote:

> "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > <rdf:Property rdf:ID="streetAddress">
> >   <rdfs:range rdf:resource="xsd:string" />
>
> don't forget that rdf:resource takes a full URI,
> not a qname.

Dan (and anyone else on the RDF Core WG),

Is there any consideration of adding the ability to use qnames as
resources in RDF? Maybe you could have a qresource attribute, thus
rewriting Peter's example as:

<rdf:Property rdf:ID="streetAddress">
   <rdfs:range rdf:qresource="xsd:string" />
</rdf:Property>

I think such an attribute would have value beyond referring to XML
Datatypes. For example, one of the ugly things about RDF is that when
you reference classes or properties defined in other schemas, you have
to concatenate the full namespace name with the ID.

Jeff