Re: updated new model theory

From: Dan Brickley (danbri@w3.org)
Date: 10/02/01

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Dan Connolly wrote:

> "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" wrote:
> [...]
> >                           Name: daml+oil-model.html
>
> | The datatype domain LV (called literals in RDF) for DAML+OIL is a
> | set consisting of the (disjoint?) union of the value spaces of
> | the primitive XML Schema data types.
>
> Yes, the value spaces of the XML schema primitive datatypes are
> mutually disjoint. Somebody just confirmed this for me the other
> day...

Interesting. Do you know if there are any plans to extend
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-formal/ ("XML Schema: Formal Description")
to cover Schema part 2., datatypes, in the near futures?

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-formal/
[[
	XML Schema: Formal Description is a formal description of XML types and
	validity as specified by XML Schema Part 1: Structures.
[...]
 	In particular, future versions will incorporate some or all of the
	XML Schema Part 2: Datatypes specification
]]

Currently all we have is http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-formal/#section-structures-datatypes

...it'd be very interesting to see Schema part 2 given the full treatment.

http://www.w3.org/XML/Activity.html#future doesn't give much information
on expected timescales for formalisation of datatypes. Perhaps it would
help to send them encouraging noises from the DAML and RDF groups?

Dan