Re: updated new model theory

From: Dan Connolly (connolly@w3.org)
Date: 10/02/01

"Peter F. Patel-Schneider" wrote:
[...]
>                           Name: daml+oil-model.html

| The datatype domain LV (called literals in RDF) for DAML+OIL is a
| set consisting of the (disjoint?) union of the value spaces of
| the primitive XML Schema data types.

Yes, the value spaces of the XML schema primitive datatypes are
mutually disjoint. Somebody just confirmed this for me the other
day...

 From Part 2, 2.4.1.1:

  Note that a consequence of the above is that, given value space A
  and value space B where A and B are not related by restriction or
  union, for every pair of values a from A and b from B, a != b.