Re: Fwd: DAML+OIL W3C Note

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider (pfps@research.bell-labs.com)
Date: 08/24/01

The issue of copyright status was discussed at the meeting.

Our view was that everyone was committed to letting W3C have the
appropriate rights.

My stance on this, held, I think, also by Lucent's W3C AC member, is that
as a W3C member, the DAML+OIL stuff can be submitted to W3C and the
appropriate things will happen with respect to rights.  However I am
certainly not a lawyer, not do I play one with respect to W3C, so if W3C
needs an official letter from Lucent, then Lucent's lawyers may have to be
consulted, which could take considerable time.

peter