Fwd: DAML+OIL W3C Note

From: Jim Hendler (jhendler@darpa.mil)
Date: 08/24/01

>Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 09:58:44 -0400
>To: jhendler@darpa.mil
>From: Eric Miller <em@w3.org>
>Subject: DAML+OIL W3C Note
>Cc: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, Ralph swick <swick@w3.org>,
>         w3t-archive@w3.org
>
>Jim, Danc
>
>What's the status on the DAML+OIL W3C Note Submission?  This request
>has reached the urgent stage.
>
>--
>eric miller                              http://www.w3.org/people/em/
>semantic web activity lead               mailto:em@w3.org
>w3c world wide web consortium            tel:1.614.763.1100
>200 technology square, ne43-350          fax:1.208.330.5213
>cambridge, ma 02139 usa

OK, folks - I think we must get this worked out ASAP - if it was
discussed on the Telecon Tues, please let me know what was decided.
Otherwise, I suggest we ask Peter P-S to submit this as a note (his
connection to the W3C is clear) and that we either all decide not to
copyright the thing, or perhaps more easily we decide to make some
small set of people who we trust the copyright holders (which is done
by putting a copyright statement on the document) and then that
person or persons gives W3C permission to redistribute.
  W3C really needs us to do this right away because it should have
been done before the WebONT call went out, but fell through the
cracks.
  The documents look to be in appropriate formats and the like - main
thing needed is this copyright thing resolved.

Ralph - if there is anything else we need to know, please tell us

Mike - please make this very high priority for the group
  thanks
  Jim H.
--
Prof. James Hendler		Program Manager