Re: Coordination with RDF Core

From: pat hayes (phayes@ai.uwf.edu)
Date: 07/09/01

>pat hayes wrote:
> >
>[...]
> > The coreWG has decided that RDF describes containers rather
> > than, as it were, implementing them, so there is no way to say that
> > an RDF container has a limited number of items.
>
>Really? When/where? pointer?

http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-containers-formalmodel

 From which it seems to follow that any container description can be partial, eg

<rdf:Bag>
   <rdf:_1>1</rdf:_1>
   <rdf:_2>2</rdf:_2>
</rdf:Bag>

may be  a complete description of a bag with two members OR a partial
description of a bag with three or more members.

If I have this wrong, please correct my misunderstanding.

Pat

> > We should keep the
> > point in the document, just a heads-up of what to expect.
> >

>--
>Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax