SWRL sameAs/differentFrom inconsistency

From: Mike Dean (mdean@bbn.com)
Date: 11/15/04

    While recently writing translators between SWRL XML and SWRL RDF, I noticed
    an inconsistency in the SWRL specification ([1] and previous versions).

    The Abstract Syntax (and the RDF Concrete Syntax) use

      sameAs '(' i-object i-object ')'
      differentFrom '(' i-object i-object ')'

    while the XML Concrete Syntax (and swrlx.xsd) uses

      <swrlx:sameIndividualAtom>
        Content: ( swrlx:iObject* )
      </swrlx:sameIndividualAtom>

      <swrlx:differentIndividualsAtom>
        Content: ( swrlx:iObject* )
      </swrlx:differentIndividualsAtom>

    My preference would be to modify the XML Concrete Syntax to take exactly 2
    iObject's for both atoms.

    	Mike

    [1] http://www.daml.org/rules/proposal/