Re: DAML+OIL Expressivity Question

From: Deborah McGuinness (dlm@ksl.stanford.edu)
Date: 11/08/01

that is doable.
there will be a number of daml:foo s  and they will have a lot of arguments
and a lot of implications  thus the english description of them will not be
compact but doable.

I guess then i should add a request to what i said people might send me - a
proposed daml syntax for the new request as well.
i am not expecting any one person to send everything  but eventually we want
to fill in the template.

And on the notion of DAML+OIL layers,  I would claim that we will put the
daml:foos in a non-core layer.
While we at stanford will want to update our daml parsers to understand the
fancy foo's we dont want to break all of the existing tools every time we
add a new foo.
while the daml+oil core may find a fair amount of stability, i expect the
foos to keep growing.

--
 Deborah L. McGuinness
 Knowledge Systems Laboratory