DAML+OIL Expressivity Question

From: Jeff Heflin (heflin@cse.lehigh.edu)
Date: 11/07/01

Hi all,

I recently had someone ask me if they could represent a particular kind
of knowledge in DAML+OIL, and I wasn't able to give them a definite
response. I was hoping one of our DL gurus could help. I was asked if it
was possible to define the class of all people who's best friend is
their spouse, where bestFriend and spouse are properties. I think this
means they would need a restriction that could restrict two properties
to have the same value. I don't believe we can do this in DAML+OIL, but
wanted to check. Thanks!

Jeff