Re: authorship and releases

From: Frank van Harmelen (Frank.van.Harmelen@cs.vu.nl)
Date: 10/30/01

Peter, Dan,

Below the required statement on copyright and patents concerning our intended submission of the DAML+OIL spec to W3C.

(yes, under the rules of my University, I am personally the sole owner of the copyright of my work, so I am entitled to make these declarations, not my employer or anybody else).

1/ Copyright Frank van Harmelen, all rights reserved.
   Distribution policies are governed by the W3C intellectual property terms,
   stated at http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/ipr-notice#Copyright

2/ I, Frank van Harmelen hereby grant to the W3C, a perpetual,
    nonexclusive, royalty-free, world-wide right and license under any
    of my copyrights in this contribution to copy, publish and
    distribute the contribution, as well as a right and license of the
    same scope to any derivative works prepared by the W3C and based on,
    or incorporating all or part of the contribution. I
    further agree that any derivative works of this contribution prepared
    by the W3C shall be solely owned by the W3C.

3/  I, Frank van Harmelen, offer a license to the DAML+OIL submission under the
    suggested W3C Royalty-Free Patent License Declaration of
   6 September 2001, available at http://www.w3.org/2001/09/rf-license.html.

Frank van Harmelen,
Amsterdam,
31 October 2001.