Re: datatypes and RDF Schema

From: Dan Connolly (connolly@w3.org)
Date: 10/09/01

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

> From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
> Subject: Re: datatypes and RDF Schema
> Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 18:57:09 -0500
>

>>BTW, re. your recent rants about communication. This issue is being
>>discussed simultaneously both here and on RDF-core, and I'm sure it
>>would be extremely useful if the discussions could be integrated.
>>

> I do not believe that I can post to that mailing list.  Can I?

You're welcome to join the RDF Core WG and post to the list.

I'm not sure what mechanisms/policies are in place in the
case you try to post to the RDF Core list without joining
the group.

> One important forcing function, and one that appears to be getting
> completely insufficient attention in the RDF Core WG, is
>
> 	What does XML/XML Schema do?

XML doesn't 'do' anything relevant.

Severl people in the WG are quite faimilar with
XML Schema. It doesn't answer the question either.

> PS:  Does anyone know how to elevate this issue to joint RDF/XML/DAML+OIL
> consideration?

I don't know what that means.