Re: terminating 'imports' loops

From: Dan Connolly (connolly@w3.org)
Date: 03/23/01

pat hayes wrote:
[...]
>      While I've got your attention on this
>      subject... I think I first ran into it
>      as 'Assertion of another document'
>      in TimBL's semantic web toolbox.
>      http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Toolbox#Assertion
>
>      In my attempts to formalize it,
>
> Ah. I wouldnt try to formalise it in the assertional language itself, since its really about the process of making assertions rather than about truth.

So much for getting your attention on the subject...
I intend to formalize the process of making assertions;
i.e. web protocols.

Perhaps not today; but we did talk about getting into
tagged logic or whatever it takes to formalize this stuff, no?
Ah yes... I see JimH has the ball...

[[[
tagging and other forms of well-behaved reification. ACTION (Jeff
Heflin,
     Jim Hendler): write up SHOE experience.
]]]

--        Joint Committee Minutes 13 March 2001
http://www.daml.org/committee/minutes/2001-03-13.html
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 00:57:54 GMT

office: tel:+1-913-491-0501
pager: mailto:connolly.pager@w3.org
  (put return phone number in from/subject)