equivalentTo

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider (pfps@research.bell-labs.com)
Date: 03/21/01

Hi:

As I was going through the reference document last night, I again
encountered the issue of equivalentTo.

equivalentTo has been used to make two things the same.  However, there are
several subrelationships of equivalentTo, including sameClassAs and
samePropertyAs.  These two subrelationships then have no interesting extra
meaning, as once two things are the same, they can't be made any samer.

So my suggestion is to do away with equivalentTo.

Comments?

peter