Re: URIs for primitive datatypes and facets?

From: Dan Connolly (connolly@w3.org)
Date: 02/17/01

> From: "Martin Gudgin" <marting@develop.com>
> Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 16:01:39 -0000
[...]
> You're correct that the schema annotation says that the explicit xpointer
> version of the URI is the 'correct' one. Personally I think I prefer the
> shorthand. Perhaps you/we could raise this as an agenda item and try to get
> it changed to be the shorthand version?

I'm very interested to know how this turns out; I see that
the chair proposes to decline our request,
http://www.w3.org/2000/12/xmlschema-crcomments.html#datatype-uri
but I don't see the final disposition/wg-decision.

www-rdf-logic and joint-committee folks, if you have an opinion
about whether #xpointer(id("date")) is acceptable, or whether
it's an undue implementation burden, compared with #date, please
speak up now.

The implementation burden is something like what Sandro described:

[[[
    We can solve this easily for the standard datatypes by putting all
    the classes in some ontology, publishing the classes you've been
    using (and using a nicer identifier syntax).
]]]

--        www-rdf-logic@w3.org from February 2001: a few issues with
daml
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-logic/2001Feb/0091.html