daml+oil+concrete includes XML Schema syntax? [was: ... next steps?]

From: Dan Connolly (connolly@w3.org)
Date: 02/01/01

Ian Horrocks wrote:

> On January 31, Dan Connolly writes:
> >
> > (does "the one by Ian & Peter" have a handy address, by the way?
> > I'm awash in a sea of email.)
>
> Its at:
>
>     http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~horrocks/daml+oil/Datatypes/
>
> I think you will find that it is relatively complete: it includes
> overview, syntax, semantics and examples.

OK... yes... it does have more examples than I remember...
er... what's this?

[[[
<xsd:simpleType name="over12">
  <!-- over12 is an XMLS datatype based on positiveIntege -->
  <!-- with the added restriction that values must be >= 13 -->
  <xsd:restriction base="xsd:positiveInteger">
  <xsd:minInclusive value="13"/>
  </xsd:restriction>
</xsd:simpleType>
]]]

--
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~horrocks/daml+oil/Datatypes/daml+oil+concrete-ex.daml
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 18:59:26 GMT

Are you proposing to extend DAML+OIL syntax to include
XML Schema syntax? I don't see any reason to do that.
We can express things like minInclusive in the
same style that we express domain, range, cardinality,
etc., no?

office: tel:+1-913-491-0501
pager: mailto:connolly.pager@w3.org
  (put return phone number in from/subject)