Re: DAML+OIL release

From: Frank van Harmelen (frankh@cs.vu.nl)
Date: 01/11/01

Ian Horrocks wrote:

> I have updated the two files describing the differences between
> DAML+OIL and DAML and between DAML+OIL and OIL.

Good idea to split this up. Some minor comments:

In differences-daml.html, can you change the ref to
http://www.daml.org/2000/12/daml+oil-ref.html
into the more specific
http://www.daml.org/2000/12/daml+oil-ref.html#collection

In differences-oil.html, you write:

> In OIL a transitive property cannot be functional, nor can it (or any of > its superproperties) be used in a cardinality constraint. This restriction
> is required in order for class consistency to be decidable. It is not > clear if the same restriction applies to DAML+OIL.

I think it is clear, namely that the restriction does not apply in DAML+OIL (see the relevant warning in the reference document):

> Warning: If a transitive property (or any of its superproperties) is used
> in a cardinality constraint, then class consistency
> is no longer decidable.

Dublin core is spelled Dublin Core.

Frank.
   ----