Re: DAML+ONT URIs

From: Ian Horrocks (horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk)
Date: 12/22/00

On December 21, Mike Dean writes:
> > I thought we had agreed on daml+oil, not daml+ont.
>
> You're right.  My fingers keep typing it wrong.  My
> apologies.  Thanks for catching this.
>
> > > Please don't include the extension in the namespace name. Just use:
> > >
> > > 	  http://www.daml.org/2000/12/daml+ont#
>
> Right.  daml+oil.daml is just the file name on the server.

All the files are now updated and available in the usual place:

    http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~horrocks/DAML+OIL

What you will find there is:

daml+oil.daml         - the revised language specification
daml+oil-ex.daml      - the revised example ontology
changes.html          - an explanation of the changes
semantics.html        - a revised denotational semantics
differences.html      - a list of the remaining differences w.r.t. OIL

There are also plain text versions of the changes and semantics files.

Regards, Ian