Re: DAML-Spatial Primitives

From: Adam Pease (apease@ks.teknowledge.com)
Date: 03/10/03

    Pete,
       I like the idea of a variable grained ontology.  What I would caution
    against is creating one ontology that has cities as points and another that
    has cities as regions.  One could have an ontology that correctly
    represents cities as regions and also has a predicate that allows one to
    state a connectedness value for them.  The same ontology could have a
    function to give the default center point or address of a city in order to
    handle situations where a point-based representation is desired.

    Adam