Re: DAML-Spatial Primitives

From: Pete Haglich (phaglic@isx.com)
Date: 03/10/03

    We have adopted that in our current spatial ontologies, using the term
    "locus" because "location" had connotations to our customer.  The
    notion of "locus" has child subclasses of Point Locus, Linear Locus,
    Area Locus, and Volume Locus.

    We find that the blurring of distinction between point and area is
    sometimes useful when discussing things like cities.  For some purposes
    they are usefully modeled as points, in other cases, it is more
    appropriate to reference the associated territory within the city
    limits.

    --
    Pete Haglich, ISX Corporation
    Virginia Beach, VA