FW: Espressions of Interest for Proposed AAAI Spring Symposium Series on Semantic Web Services

From: Terry R. Payne (trp@ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: 04/16/03

    [Apologies for cross-posting]

    Together with Keith Decker, Ora Lassila, Sheila McIlraith and Katia Sycara,
    I am submitting a workshop proposal entitled "Semantic Web Services" to the
    2004 AAAI Spring Symposium Series, at Stanford, March 22-24,2004.

    The scope would broadly include (but not be limited to) the following
    issues:

      a.. Knowledge Representation for Semantic Web Services
      b.. DAML-S services
      c.. Semantics in Agent Communication Languages
      d.. Semantic-based Agent/Service Discovery
      e.. Semantic-based Agent/Service Composition
      f.. Semantics for service delegation and knowledge aggregation
      g.. Semantic interoperation between agents and services
      h.. The use of semantics in agent and service communication
      i.. Architectures for supporting Semantic Web Services
      j.. Semantic Grid services
      k.. Service enactment/invocation frameworks
      l.. Supporting ontologies for semantic web services
      m.. Semantic Web Service Security
      n.. Service Negotiation
      o.. .

    If you would be interested in attending such a workshop and/or submitting a
    paper, please let me know as soon as you can since the workshop proposal
    deadline is April 21st and I would need to include a list of potential
    participants. Obviously, having more people interested would increase the
    chances of the workshop proposal being accepted. Please remember that this
    is not a commitment to attending - just an indication of your interest and
    potential participation.

    So, if you are potentially interested in participating in the workshop
    either as a speaker or an attendee, please e-mail me at trp@ecs.soton.ac.uk

    If you know of anybody else who would be interested in attending the
    Workshop and/or presenting their work there, please let us know.

    Thank you.
            Terry Payne

    Terry R. Payne, PhD.      | http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~trp/index.html
    University of Southampton | Voice: +44(0)23 8059 8343 [Fax: 8059 2865]
    Southampton, SO17 1BJ, UK | Email: terry@acm.org / trp@ecs.soton.ac.uk