Re: ASSERTION, QUESTION, SUGGESTION - final draft

From: Gio Wiederhold (gio@db.stanford.edu)
Date: 04/15/02

Note that this discussion started when we felt there was a need
to describe DAML so that a casual -- or influential -- reader
would be able to understand clearly what the benefits of DAML+OIL
were with respect to technologies that are now available (HTML) or
being promoted (XML, UDDI, .. ).

That does mean we need words for the man in the `limo' or the
`Humvee', if not in the street. I think that in a successor to Adam's
abstract we could intruduce terms as `rules that constrain the
cardinality' or `that define dependencies'.

Gio

/Gio Wiederhold/
http://www-db.stanford.edu/people/gio.html