Re: Clarification regarding February 16th, the day after the DAML Mee ting

From: Jim Hendler (jhendler@darpa.mil)
Date: 02/07/01

Folks-
  Just so you know what is going on a bit better -- the interest in
DAML among people in the intelligence community is very high, and a
number of people who control research budgets are thinking of working
with us.  We had about 5 different groups who wanted us to schedule
separate demos, and we realized that if we pulled them all together
it would save you all a lot of wear and tear on travel.  Also, a
couple of other DARPA PMs are interested in DAML for their programs,
and we thought this would be a great opportunity for them to get to
see your stuff "up close and personal".  Obviously we decided all
this very last minute, and then needed to be sure the right people
would attend.  At this point we have only a small number of people
registered, but they represent a lot of funding, so we hope this will
lead to new opportunities for you and your colleagues.  In addition,
we are looking like we're going to be in pretty good shape for being
able to pick up most people's outyear options (at least the FY 03
funding), but we need a little bit more "Buzz" to be sure we can
weather transition to a new DARPA director - I think this is the
right audience for that buzz.
  -JH
Prof. James Hendler		hendler@cs.umd.edu
Computer Science Dept		703-696-2238 (phone)
Univ of Maryland		703-696-2201 (Fax)
College Park, MD 20853		http://www.cs.umd.edu/~hendler