SWRL levels

From: Mike Dean (mdean@bbn.com)
Date: 11/15/05

    It occurred to me that the "two towers" (ontologies and rules) may share
    many floors and that many users may prefer to stay within the common base
    (for fear of heights or other reasons).  I think this is the focus of [1]
    from Tim's ISWC2005 keynote.

    To help with this, I think it may be useful to identify additional levels of
    SWRL and offer the following starting definitions:

    SWRL RDF

      individualPropertyAtom and datavaluedPropertyAtom (property is just
      rdf:Property), builtinAtom

    SWRL RDFS

      classAtom (named classes only), datarangeAtom, individualPropertyAtom,
      datavaluedPropertyAtom, builtinAtom

    SWRL DLP

      current SWRL Member Submission restricted to DLP limitations

    SWRL Lite

      current SWRL Member Submission restricted to OWL Lite limitations

    SWRL DL

      current SWRL Member Submission (OWL DL semantics)

    SWRL Full

      current SWRL Member Submission with OWL Full semantics

    SWRL FOL

      current SWRL FOL Member Submission

    SWRL RDF, SWRL RDFS, and SWRL DLP are in the common base.

    Thoughts?

    	Mike

    [1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Talks/1110-iswc-tbl/#[12]