comment on N-ary relations draft

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider (pfps@research.bell-labs.com)
Date: 12/07/04

    I just read the N-ary relations draft and I am somewhat confused as to why
    it has the two representation patterns.  I don't see that the two patterns
    are different in any substantial way as the only difference between them is
    the direction of one arrow.  This difference may matter in some formalisms
    but doesn't in RDF/RDFS (as they are too weak to notice much difference) or
    OWL (as it has the inverse construct).

    So, my question is why maintain the two different representation patterns?

    Peter F. Patel-Schneider
    Bell Labs Research