RE: updated FOL document

From: Boley, Harold (Harold.Boley@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca)
Date: 10/24/04

    Here are some editing suggestions:

    * 3.1.:

    An formula is satisfied by a binding ...
    --->
    A formula is satisfied by a binding ...

    * 3.1., 4., http://www-db.research.bell-labs.com/user/pfps/swrl/fol.xsd:

    In telecon 9/14/2004 we decided to use Neg rather than Not
    (cf. http://www.daml.org/listarchive/joint-committee/1795.html).
    Recall: "There can be semantically good Neg's and bad Not's."

    * 4.:

    The following XML concrete syntax closely follows the XML concrete syntax
    for
    (http://www.ruleml.org/fol/)></a>, ...
    --->
    The following XML concrete syntax closely follows the XML concrete syntax
    for
    (http://www.ruleml.org/fol/)</a>, ...

    The details of extending the XML syntax for OWL are left to the reader.
    --->
    The details of extending the XML syntax for OWL are a topic of the ongoing
    OWL-RuleML collaboration.

    * http://www-db.research.bell-labs.com/user/pfps/swrl/fol.xsd:

    <xsd:complexType name="quantifier">
    . . .
    <xsd:group name="formulae" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="unbounded">
    . . .
    --->
    <xsd:complexType name="quantifier">
    . . .
    <xsd:group name="formula" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1">
    . . .

    * 4., http://www-db.research.bell-labs.com/user/pfps/swrl/fol.xsd:

    "owlf:quantifier", name="quantifier"
    --->
    "owlf:quantiformula", name="quantiformula"

    * 5.:

    The FOL RuleML syntax should now be used as shown in the SWRL FOL RuleML
    subsection of FOL RuleML version 0.89 (http://www.ruleml.org/fol/#SWRL).
    E.g.: Type tags Var, And, etc. should be capitalized, as in 4.
    Rationale: The JC recommended to use this new convention to distinguish
    these from role tags, e.g. head, body (rather than the old _head, _body).

    -- Harold