tweak on wording on semantics Re: updated FOL document

From: Benjamin Grosof (bgrosof@mit.edu)
Date: 10/19/04

    Hi Peter and folks,

    here's a tweaked version of the vanilla FOL bit (1.):

    The semantics thus obtained is a fairly standard first-order-logic
    semantics. The only significant tweak is the semantic separation of
    datatyped literals from other entities. The logic thus obtained is thus a
    two-sorted logic where one sort (the datatyped literal sort) has built-in
    predicates (the datatype predicates and the other built-ins).

    Benjamin

    At 02:15 PM 10/18/2004 -0400, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
    >I updated the FOL document, available, as usual, at
    >
    >   http://www-db.research.bell-labs.com/user/pfps/swrl/fol.html
    >
    >Changes amount to:
    >1/ adding a short discussion of the relationship to vanilla FOL
    >2/ adding an XML Schema doc for the XML concrete syntax
    >
    >I also made a few minor changes elsewhere.
    >
    >peter

    Prof. Benjamin Grosof
    Web Technologies for E-Commerce, Business Policies, E-Contracting, Rules,
    XML, Agents, Semantic Web Services
    MIT Sloan School of Management, Information Technology group
    http://ebusiness.mit.edu/bgrosof or http://www.mit.edu/~bgrosof