Joint Committee telecon today 4 May

From: Mike Dean (mdean@bbn.com)
Date: 05/04/04

    We'll have our weekly telecon today (May 4) from 4-5pm EDT, 1-2pm PDT, and
    corresponding times in other locations.

    The dial-in numbers are

      U.S.:  866-779-0773

      outside U.S.:  +1-334-309-0262

      After dialing, enter *6190862* (including stars)

      If you're asked, the chairperson is Mike Dean

    A parallel logged IRC session will be available on the #joint-committee
    channel at irc.daml.org (see https://www.daml.org/irc/ for the server
    password).

    Below is a draft agenda; additions are welcome.

          Mike

    agenda updates/additions

    announcements

    minutes deferred

    SWRL 0.6 [1] (Mike, et al - 20 min)

      optional <ruleml:_rlab ruleml:href="#ruleName"/>

      built-in examples:  unit conversion, discount

      owlx:datarange

      draft announcement [2]

    WWW2004 Developer Day rules track [3] (Benjamin, et al - 10 min)

    proposed PI Meeting outline (Mike, et al - 20 min)

      SWRL 0.5
      SWRL 0.6
      Built-Ins
      Implementations
      WWW2004 Developer Day Rules Track
      Tools for Rules
      Related Work:  Jena 2, SCL, Yale, CMU
      Next Steps
        focus on implementations, use cases, and examples
        potential parallel efforts
          alternative syntaxes
          Negation As Failure

    next week