more thoughts on evolution of Rules Lite syntax

From: Benjamin Grosof (bgrosof@mit.edu)
Date: 09/30/03

    Hi folks,
    Here are some thoughts on evolution of Rules Lite syntax.

    In the near term (for DAML meeting), we should focus on abstract syntax and
    human-oriented string syntax.
    Ideally, we will later have an RDF syntax specification, with associated
    RDF-XML encoding into XML.
    In the meantime, we can have one or multiple draft XML syntaxes, with one
    aim being to facilitate development and use of tools,
    including tools for OWL and for RuleML and commercial rule (and ontology)
    systems.
    We shouldn't expect to nail down this syntax for Rules Lite until we take a
    semi-serious stab at extensibility to Situated Courteous Logic Programs as
    well, as a sanity check.

    Benjamin

    Prof. Benjamin Grosof
    Web Technologies for E-Commerce, Business Policies, E-Contracting, Rules,
    XML, Agents, Semantic Web Services
    MIT Sloan School of Management, Information Technology group
    http://ebusiness.mit.edu/bgrosof or http://www.mit.edu/~bgrosof