comments please: Approaches to Negation in RuleML

From: Benjamin Grosof (bgrosof@MIT.EDU)
Date: 04/25/03

    Hi folks,
    Cf. the last RuleML steering committee telecon, I have drafted a document
    on approaches to negation, and subsets of the
    SCLP abstract syntax document that correspond to (i.) Normal LP (i.e.,
    Hornlog + Negation As Failure); and (ii.) Courteous LP (which includes
    Strong Negation) but without Lloyd-Topor or Situated features.
    They are attached.

    Your comments are solicited.

    Please indicate very soon whether you'd like this discussion to be public
    on www-rdf-rules.  Personally, I think it probably should be.

    Benjamin

    Prof. Benjamin Grosof
    Web Technologies for E-Commerce, Business Policies, E-Contracting, Rules,
    XML, Agents, Semantic Web Services
    MIT Sloan School of Management, Information Technology group
    http://ebusiness.mit.edu/bgrosof or http://www.mit.edu/~bgrosof