rules timelines and deliverables; can't be on call today

From: Benjamin Grosof (bgrosof@mit.edu)
Date: 01/28/03

    Hi folks,

    1. Apologies, I can't be on the telecon today -- am teaching this week a
    special course on Semantic Web (we have short courses in January at
    MIT).  I'll be on next week.

    2. Wrt rules timelines and deliverables:

    Several folks (led so far especially by myself, Harold Boley, Said
    Tabet)  under umbrella of the RuleML Initiative are already planning to do
    a first draft of a W3C Note in the next month or two.  It would be good to
    coordinate this effort with the Joint Commmittee, e.g., have a quick second
    draft be done under its auspices and with many more of its participants.

    Use cases existing for RuleML from my own work also include:
    e-contracting -- a number
    trust management authorization, e.g., for medical records access
    e-tailing, e.g., books
    credit worthiness

    Benjamin

    Prof. Benjamin Grosof
    Web Technologies for E-Commerce, Business Policies, E-Contracting, Rules,
    XML, Agents, Semantic Web Services
    MIT Sloan School of Management, Information Technology group
    http://ebusiness.mit.edu/bgrosof or http://www.mit.edu/~bgrosof