Re: followup from telecon (integration of XML and RDF)

From: Pat Hayes (phayes@ai.uwf.edu)
Date: 11/29/01

>Peter,
>
>thanks for your answer.
>I'm still not clear if I could represent an interpretation graph
>in RDF, given the right vocabulary.

My reply would be: suppose you can. So what? Ie what significance
would you attribute to the ability to describe such a structure in
RDF?

Pat

(PS. BTW, it depends on what you mean by 'describe', by the way. If
you mean, can you make an RDF graph that is isomorphic, then of
course you can if the interpretation is finite, and not if it is not.
If you mean, can you write some RDF so that SOME interpretation of it
is isomorphic, the answer is yes, trivially; if you mean, write some
RDF so that ALL interpretations are isomorphic, the answer is no. If
you mean, so that all interpretations in some class of
interpretations are isomorphic, (eg all 'minimal' interpretations in
some sense), then say what class you have in mind. )
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax