INTAP, Tokyo, set up Semantic Web Task Force

From: boley@informatik.uni-kl.de
Date: 11/06/01

after presenting RuleML at INAP (http://www.ifcomputer.com/inap/inap2001/program/home_en.html),
I visited INTAP, the Interoperability Technology Association for Information Processing, Tokyo:
http://www.net.intap.or.jp/INTAP/

In July they have set up a Semantic Web Task Force looking for success stories, exploring tools
such as an RDF metadata generator from HTML data, and developing a vision of the most important
practical SemWeb uses. It is chaired by Noboru Shimizu, NEC (n-shimizu@ce.jp.nec.com).
On 29 October they held a Semantic Web Conference, wich you can find from the above INTAP page.

I propose to support their efforts by sending them our DAML+OIL, RuleML, etc. success stories,
or at least working in that direction :-)

Harold (till 20 December at Canada's NRC-IIT e-business research facility, Fredericton, NB)