Re: Joint Committee telecon today 18 September

From: Dan Brickley (danbri@w3.org)
Date: 09/18/01

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Deborah McGuinness wrote:

> thx peter for the work.
>
> I never got an answer to my email question about whether there will be
> resubmissions required in this w3c format
> (this will pose a problem for us because the word document is the one that is
> maintained and generating the w3c html format is a time consuming process that
> has to be done by hand as far as we can tell).
> I would also like to know as peter would what happens to the submissions and
> what the process is now.

Not sure if this is useful answer, but anyway: if the Joint Committee
wanted to resubmit a revision of the doc at some point in the future, it
would need remangling into valid HTML by somebody. That said, my (entirely
personal) expectation was that the intention was for the forthcoming W3C
Web Ontology WG to pick up where these submitted docs leave off. W3C
working groups manage docs in all sorts of ways, but when they get
published (as Working Drafts etc) it's always in valid HTML.

Dan