Re: submission to you-know-what

From: Dan Connolly (connolly@w3.org)
Date: 09/12/01

"Peter F. Patel-Schneider" wrote:

> The problem is that the html must pass the W3C filters.

It seems like the filter you're talking about is the W3C HTML
validation service
	http://validator.w3.org/

yes, we require that our tech reports are conforming HTML documents;
the validator can help check HTML conformance.

We have another tool, HTML tidy, that can help clean up
non-conforming HTML documents.

	http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

I put a little CGI wrapper around it so you can run
it as a web service without installing it...

	http://cgi.w3.org/cgi-bin/tidy

>  When I ran the
> axiomatization through the filter, it generated thousands of errors.

Yup; that's what I see too...

[...]
>  From: Deborah McGuinness <dlm@ksl.stanford.edu>
> Subject: Re: submission to you-know-what
> Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:17:58 -0700
>
> > I hacked up a version of the html version of the axiomatic semantics following the
> > format that you have the other html text versions in.
> > It is available at:
> >
> > http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/people/dlm/daml-semantics/daml-axioms-w3c-august2001.htm

indeed... bzillions of errors in there...

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ksl.stanford.edu%2Fpeople%2Fdlm%2Fdaml-semantics%2Fdaml-axioms-w3c-august2001.htm&doctype=Inline

hmm... I can't seem to get the online tidy service to do anything
useful with it.