DAML+OIL (March 2001), CVS

From: Mike Dean (mdean@bbn.com)
Date: 03/03/01

I just moved the draft DAML+OIL (March 2001) release to [1],
and edited various documents to rename the language from
DAML+OIL+DT and account for the fact that www.daml.org URIs
are case-sensitive.

When we were wrapping up DAML+OIL (December 2000), I had
promised that CVS would be available for this release.  Here
are the details, including some info for those not already
familiar with CVS.

For those interested in using CVS to edit the release
documents directly:

1) Send lab@daml.org a message requesting an account on
cvs.daml.org (aka www.daml.org).  Include your preferred
username;  we'll generate a password and send it to you.

2) Download cvs.exe from [2].  You'll want to add it to a
directory already in your path, or add the directory
containing it to your path each time you use it.  Macintosh
CVS clients also exist, but it's been a while since I've
used them.

3) Create a new directory (e.g. c:\daml, which I use and
will use in this example) to be the root of your checked-out
CVS hierarchy.

4) Your first time only, execute the commands:

  cd \daml
  set CVSROOT=:pserver:yourname@cvs.daml.org:/home/mdean/daml_cvs_root
  cvs login
    your password
  cvs checkout www/http/2001/03

5) For subsequent updates, execute the non-rem commands:

  cd \daml\www\http\2001\03

  rem ensure you have the latest version
  cvs update

  rem edit the file(s)

  rem ensure you changed only what you thought you changed
  cvs diff

  rem check-in the updates
  cvs commit
    include a descriptive comment regarding your changes

6) The current contents of the www/http/2001/03 CVS
directory are copied to [1] as part of a script (available
in CVS at build/nightly.csh) that runs nightly at midnight
EST.

Thanks!

	Mike

[1] http://www.daml.org/2001/03/ (start with daml+oil-index.html)