Re: DAMl "Thing" should be Top, Universal class - including concrete types

From: pat hayes (phayes@ai.uwf.edu)
Date: 02/06/01

After thinking about this issue longer and (in particular) trying to
come up with a killer example, I have to agree that there isn't one.
Or at any rate not one I can think of, that couldnt be done with
disjoint concrete domains with only a slight artificiality, at worst.
So, and given Deborah's eloquent testimonial,  I withdraw my
objections and apologise for (being a contributory factor towards)
causing so much trouble.

I still don't follow what the technical reasons for the need for
this, er, classical split actually are, though, and would appreciate
any pointers to where they are discussed in the literature.

Pat
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax