Re: about vs. ID

From: Lynn Andrea Stein (lynn.stein@olin.edu)
Date: 01/23/01

Late, but let me chime in on this one anyway:

The original about vs. ID distinction has been well covered in earlier
while ago about names that take meaning from their communities of use,
becoming "proper" names.  I think that ID= establishes an intent to use
this as such.  I don't think we necessarily want to maintain the
convention, but I do think that we should recognize that it's not just
the formal semantics, but also the usage pragmatics, that are affected.

Lynn