Re: [on the value of RDF]

From: Stefan Decker (stefan@db.stanford.edu)
Date: 01/10/01

Peter,

I'am puzzled that people think they can better deal with XML than RDF - I guess
it's because XML seems to be closer to the usual EBNF style of language
representation and definition.

The reusability factor of RDF tools is higher than that XML tools.
Once you start to make XML a bit more generic and thus enhance the
reusability factor of tools (e.g. by introducing IDs to XML elements to
always be able to reference
things you once have defined) you end up with something like RDF -
but you have to go to the painful experience of modifying XML and dealing
with syntax trees
(and maybe XSLT).

CU,
	Stefan