Re: about vs. ID

From: Frank van Harmelen (frankh@cs.vu.nl)
Date: 01/07/01

On the issue of using about= everywhere, vs. using ID= in one place, and using about= everywhere else.

[1] I suggested to switch to about= everywhere. Since the semantics doesn't favour one place over another, why should the syntax?

[2] The issue was discussed in the margin of the Washington meeting (between at least Dan, Ora, Ian and me). Ian claimed that someone (Ora? Dan?) said it would be better RDF style to have one ID= location. I'm fuzzy on the conclusion of this (and it's not in the minutes or the irc log).

[3] Tim strongly argued in favour of using about= everywhere.

I would really like to hear Ora and Dan on this before I go ahead and take the trouble of updating the walkthrough and the reference document.

Dan, Ora: can you please comment on this before or during next Tuesday's teleconf?

Frank.
   ----